The best way to get the most out of your beauty routine is by making it a little more personalized.
By choosing products that are tailored to your skin type, hair type, and makeup preferences, you will find that you can get a lot more mileage out of what might have seemed like an initially limited selection.
In this blog post, we will go over some insider tips for maximizing your beauty routine!
- Beauty products have expiration dates, just like food. Make sure you check the labels of your beauty products to see when they expire and replace them accordingly!
- Glycerin is a great moisturizer for anyone with dry skin because it draws water into the cells on the skin’s surface.
If you suffer from oily or combination skin, look for moisturizers with silicone or oil in the ingredients list.
- It’s always a good idea to bring your favorite beauty products when you travel because it can be hard to find things that work as well as what you’re used to!
- If you have hair on your chin, upper lip, neck or chest, waxing may not be enough. Consider laser hair removal instead.
These areas are often less sensitive than other parts of the body and easier to treat through lasers without needing to shave first.
- When applying foundation over an area where there is acne scarring (redness),use a tinted primer before application so that these imperfections don’t show up quite so prominently after makeup is applied; this also makes it easier to conceal the redness.
- There are many types of makeup primers on the market, and they all vary in consistency and texture.
Some people find that silicone based products work best for them because they provide a matte finish with an even application; others prefer water or silicone based primer with SPF protection. It’s up to you!
- If you have oily skin and want to avoid shine, use a primer with mattifying properties. This will help your makeup adhere more effectively without sliding off of the surface of your skin.
- Wear lip balm every day; it’s one of the most important products in any beauty routine!
Your lips are often neglected (even if they’re not dry) because lipstick covers them up, but using lip balms can protect against drying from the sun and give some much needed moisture for those chapped winter months.
- It’s always a good idea to start your makeup routine with moisturizing.
This will help keep you from looking dry and flaky throughout the day, as well as making it easier for blush or bronzer (which are typically powder-based) to blend in more evenly on skin.
Now that we’ve covered some general tips about maximizing what might seem like an overly limited beauty selection, let’s talk about specific categories!
When choosing products for your skin type, remember that oilier skin types need more intense cleansing than drier skins; consider using cleansers containing salicylic acid if acne is present or glycolic acid if hyperpigmentation is visible.
For oily/acne prone skin, look for products with tea tree or grapefruit oil, for dry skin try to find moisturizers that contain shea butter.
When choosing a foundation, you’ll want to choose one in the same color family as your natural skin tone.
If you have areas of redness (like acne scars) where there is an uneven application of makeup on top, use a primer first before applying concealer and powder so that these imperfections don’t show up quite so prominently!
For eyeliner, it’s always best to line just outside of your eye because when people blink their eyes will often close slightly; this can cause liner inside the lid to smudge out onto the face.
Conditioners are important whether you have color-treated hair or not, and it’s important to apply the conditioner from mid-shaft all the way down.
If your shampoo is drying out your scalp (or if they’re both making it worse), try alternating which product you use each time so that one isn’t always working against the other!
When it comes to beauty, there are few things as important and personal as what you put on your skin.
The key is finding products that work for you whether they’re natural or synthetic.
Use these tips when searching for the perfect product(s) so you can enjoy a lifetime of healthy looking skin! For more such beauty tips check Ergomo.